We took a chance

Well, after my interview yesterday, I talked with my wife about the decisions that we will be facing.

Since most of our money is tied up in the stock market (?!%^#$), we do not have a big stack of cash for a down payment. And even after I start working, it will be two months before we can qualify for a mortgage.

However, wrestling season is starting in the next week or two. If we are going to make a move, it needs to be sooner rather than later!

I told her about the open house that I attended and that I thought the owner’s might be willing to do a creative real estate deal. By that I mean, that they might be willing to loan us the money to buy their house until we can qualify with a bank.

Since both of us have wanted to do something like this, we decided to try.

We drove up to their house, rang the doorbell and I jumped right in by explaining our potential interest in their house and the limitations in our financial situation.

To make a long story short, the owner’s wife gave my wife the cook’s tour of the house and the husband said that he was open to the idea but would have to think about it.

I told him that I would get back to him after I received the actual offer from the company.

We’ll see what happens!

This entry was posted in Real Estate, Work and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply