Something happened today that I have never seen before…
I was washing my hands after using the restroom when a co-worker from the shop walked in. Nothing strange or unusual about that. It was what he did next that got my attention…
He walked over to the wall mounted air freshener and pumped a shot of air freshener and then headed into the stall!
I have NEVER seen anyone do that!
After the fact…sure. Everybody has done that! With arms flailing!
…and then try to walk out as if you are completely oblivious to anything that has just transpired inside.
But in advance??? That is a first.
Now that I think about it, it was a very humble act. This man went out of his way to extend a little protection before he launched a mushroom cloud.
And I, for one, was grateful.
On more than one occasion, I have headed into one of the bathrooms at work only to turn right around without ever making it inside. Toxic gas had so completely filled the restroom that there was no oxygen left. In fact, my breathing stopped before ever entering the room because the cloud was spilling out onto the shop floor!
The fumes then twisted the thoughts in my mind…
“I need to go, but not that bad! Man, that guy needs to see a doctor! Something is wrong with him! How do his wife and kids handle that at home?”
Maybe it was this man…I don’t know.
I DID NOT wait around to find out!